• 메뉴 준비 중입니다.

사이트 내 전체검색

게시판

This Week's Top Stories Concerning Audi G28

페이지 정보

작성자 Christal 작성일24-04-22 13:39 조회2회 댓글0건

본문

How to Replace an audi Remote key G28 Engine Speed Sensor

volkswagon-logo.jpgCharles the Humble Technician shows you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor is located near the edges of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a message to the ECU through an uncolored wire T55/49, then to the tachometer on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is situated at the edges of the transmission, above the flywheel ring. The sensor audi remote key sends an electrical signal through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU uses this information to control boost and fuel. It also sends an indication to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference to correlate with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu must know when the crankshaft has reached TDC and also the position of the camshaft, in order to activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will display a P00160 error message. This means that the Crank Shaft is not in alignment with the Intake Camshaft. It could also indicate the possibility of a chain stretch or jumped chain link in the upper chain. The code won't appear without the additional information provided by other sensors (G4 or G40).

It's a bit tricky to test as there are several connector pins, and each has its own functions. The best way to do it is by measuring the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read around 1000 ohms if the sensor is operating at its maximum. Look for signs of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you have issues with this part.

2. Injectors

Yesterday accelerating full speed from highway paytoll, I experienced massive power loss like the engine is out of gas or injectors aren't firing any more. In the morning, i removed the spark plugs, 3 were soaked with gazoline and the 4th one was dry. I put a piece of tissue over each injector hole and when I turn the engine on without sparks, the 3 with gazoline jump right out. The fourth one remains closed. I tested the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55/30/55/48/55/14/55/48/ I get zero Ohm. Therefore, i think the issue is in another place.

I also tried to reset the PID but without success. The car will start when the G28 is disconnected and is running fine when it is connected however it has the intermittent misfire issue at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62) even when unplugged, still shows a temperature of -49c. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bars when the actual pressure is zero.

I'm not sure what to do. I believe that I've eliminated everything else. However, i'm afraid that I may have missed something. Let me know If you have any suggestions! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 receives signals from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is identical to the G4 sender, and both operate on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. It is easy to find the spare in a salvage shop or parts store. It is simple to test them - simply switch your DMM into resistance mode and determine the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector end facing up). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU in our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines requires to be aware of the position and speed the crankshaft to make decisions regarding timing of fuel injectors, etc. To accomplish this, it uses a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you encounter a problem with either of these sensors, the diagnostic scanner will show codes that could lead to an engine shutdown.

Some of the symptoms of a malfunctioning G28 sensor include an inaccurate gearbox rev counter and gears that shift faster than normal, and/or a misfire when you're in gear. It is probable that the sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you encounter any of these symptoms. They're inexpensive and easy to locate, especially if they're a Bosch sensor like ours. Alternately, GM's version this component is an excellent choice.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine speed sensor could be the reason behind a slew of problems in your vehicle. It is a crucial part of your replacement key audi's transmission, as it sends information to the ECU about how fast or slow the car's crankshaft is turning. When this sensor fails, it will cause problems for the transmission as well as the rest of the car's components.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the outskirts of transmission, above the flywheel ring. It sends signals via gray wire to ECU pin T55/49. The ECU utilizes this signal to regulate fuel and boost, and also to timigrate. It also relays it to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster. You can check the sensor for failure by examining the continuity between it and the tachometer. You can also check continuity between ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection via pin T6a/1 (trace [79]) as well as between T6a/1, and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should observe approximately 1000 ohms resistance between these two points. This is a common feature across the audi keyless go 80-100-200-RS2 series, audi Remote key starting from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS An and 1995 RS2 Du So, you may find good ones in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright © 소유하신 도메인. All rights reserved.
상단으로
PC 버전으로 보기